Important announcement: Dr. Marcoux’s Stress and Smoking Cessation Acupuncture Sessions Start April 17
The season is changing and tax deadlines are approaching – life is shifting into high gear for many of us. Dr. Marcoux has a new 4 week acupuncture session starting on April 17 th for either stress management or smoking cessation. Spaces are limited so sign up now to help manage your mood and energy during this busy time of year. Click here for more information. or call 306-373-5209 to book your spot!
Another way to give you an energy boost: Dr. Marcoux’s Banana Zucchini Energy Cookie Recipe! They are dairy, gluten, nut, and egg free, high in fiber, and contain no added sugar. Plus they are delicious. Enjoy!
Banana Zucchini Cookies
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 6-8 large medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped (how many you use depends on how sweet you
- want the cookies to be)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup ground flax
- 2 cups quick oats or rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend bananas, dates, zucchini, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor until mixture is uniform and well blended.
- Add flax and oats and pulse until just combined.
- Spoon a heaping tbsp. of batter onto your cookie sheet and use your hands to flatten into round cookies about ½” thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just slightly browned on the bottom.
Makes 16 cookies.