This is the first of several recipes recently featured in a cooking class led by Dr. Jacqui Fleury.
If you’re not already signed up for the True Potential Newsletter, you can sign up here for more recipes, including: grain-free eggs avocado “benedict”, bran muffins, and invidual chia pudding cups.
You can also keep up with our new blog posts on our Facebook page.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds (green pepitas)
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup blanched sliced almonds
- ½ cup cup flax seeds, organic
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup raisins – wait to add these last once you have mixed the wet and the dry
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds onto baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin seeds just start to pop. Pour seeds and nuts into mixing bowl.
- Combine remainder of dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
- Combine and Melt wet ingredients on stove top, pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix well to coat.
- Add raisins and combine again, spread over cookie sheet and let cool completely.
- Store in container in fridge.
This grain free granola can be eaten cold by adding almond or coconut milk to ½ cup of dry mixture. You can also create more of a “cooked cereal” by pouring boiling water over ½ cup of dry mixture, letting sit for 10 minutes, and it will take on the consistency of oatmeal. You can increase the protein content by adding 1-2 tbsp of greek yogurt.