Recipe by Dr. Jacqui Fleury, ND.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 salmon filets, skinless
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce, Braggs or Tamari sauce (Braggs and gluten-tamari sauce make this a gluten-free recipe)
- ⅛ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce/Braggs/Tamari, 1/8 cup water, coconut sugar, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil to a medium bowl.
- Add half of the marinade to a ziplock bag and reserve the other half.
- Place salmon filets in the ziplock bag and marinate overnight if possible, but even 30 minutes is sufficient.
- When ready to bake the salmon, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- As the salmon cooks, add cornstarch and water to the reserved teriyaki sauce and simmer in a saucepan until thick.
- Cook the salmon until desired doneness.
- Brush the cooked salmon with the thick glaze.
- Sprinkle the salmon with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.