There’s nothing that we like more than a super simple recipe with superfoods in it! Superfoods are foods which contain an exceptional diversity and amount of nutrients.
Does the following chickpea salad recipe makes you feel bloated just thinking about it?!
Consider sprouting the chickpeas first.It’s really simple. Just soak the dried beans for about 2 days (changing water a couple of times).The chickpeas will be much easier to digest and also cook more quickly.
Chickpea Golden Berry Salad
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) slivered almonds
- 1 19 oz (532 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz (280 g) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) dried golden or goji berries
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) parsley, chopped
- 4 oz (125 mL) feta cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast slivered almonds until golden brown, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Store in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
If you want to sample Darlene’s recipes in person, get on the wait list for her next Healthy Living class! Food sample, cooking demos and a delicious lunch are included! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the list.