Well, it was a perfect storm of events. I had weaned myself off of my expensive and sugar-laden Starbucks habit but I was missing my favourite drink — the pumpkin spice latte. I opened the fridge and discovered I still have some pumpkin puree that needed to be used up. And I was hungry and needed a quick take-on-the-go breakfast. What’s a girl to do?
Well, how about making a healthy and delicious Bulletproof version of a pumpkin spice latte?! After a bit of experimenting, I came up with a great pumpkin spice latte recipe that I had to share with everyone. It’s creamy, rich, and slightly sweet, but best of all, it’s good for you! I’m not a coffee drinker, so I used Dandy Blend to mimic the taste of coffee without any of the caffeine side effects, but if you prefer real coffee, feel free to use a package of Gano or instant coffee instead.
Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 1 cup milk substitute (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or brain octane oil (purchase at True Potential)
- 1-2 tbsp. organic, grass-fed butter OR ghee OR ghee/coconut oil combo (purchase at True Potential)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey, OR choose Lakanto or stevia if sugar is a concern for you
- 1 heaping tbsp. Dandy Blend (or Gano or your favorite instant coffee)
- 2 tbsp. collagen powder (optional — purchase at True Potential)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Heat milk on the stove and add pumpkin puree, coconut oil, ghee and maple syrup or honey.
- Stir pumpkin puree and sweetener into milk and allow oils to melt.
- In the meantime, add Dandy Blend, Lakanto or Stevia (if using), cinnamon, and nutmeg to a blender.
- Once oils are melted, add milk mixture to blender and blend until frothy and well mixed.
- Now add the collagen powder (if using to add protein and make a complete meal), pulse quickly to mix in the collagen (you don’t want to overblend the collagen powder).
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!