This comforting immune-boosting vegetable soup is perfect for a chilly fall or winter day. This recipe features immune-supportive herbs like ginger, turmeric, and rosemary, along with vitamin-rich vegetables. Keep reading for the full recipe.
1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp grated turmeric or turmeric powder
2 tsp grated ginger or ginger powder
1 sprig fresh rosemary
6 cups broth
1 cup spinach
1 cup protein (cooked chickpeas, chicken or beef)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, juiced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, carrots and celery, Saute until starting to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add your turmeric, garlic, rosemary, and ginger and continue to saute for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add protein and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- Add salt and pepper and lemon juice and stir.