This spring green smoothie is a good way to get greens in without over-consuming raw kale, spinach or other greens. If you want to use kale or spinach, consider steaming it and refrigerating before use in the smoothie. This helps diminish the level of oxalates in the raw greens. Oxalates are like little crystals that are hard on your kidneys and can actually deplete your bones if you over-consume them or already have a high level of oxalates in your body.
- 1 cup organic frozen fruit (can be grapes, berries)
- 2 cups chopped green lettuce (baby romaine is a good option)
- ½ small cucumber, chopped
- 1-3 dandelion greens
- Freshly squeezed juice from one lime
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 cups water
- 1-2 tbsp broccoli sprouts (packs many times more nutrition than broccoli!!!)
Blend and enjoy!