Two Stress Relief Ideas from a Naturopathic Doctor
Fall is coming, kids are going back to school, and activities are starting up again. We are headed into a busy time of year. BUT that doesn’t mean it has to be stressful. Here are two ideas for how to manage stress from one of the four naturopathic doctors on the True Potential Health team:
To help you manage and be at your best, naturopathic doctor Michelle Marcoux will be holding new acupuncture sessions for stress management and smoking cessation starting Tuesday, September 11th, and running weekly until October 2nd. Sessions will begin at 6:30pm.
Here is a slow cooker recipe that will save you time and help make feeding your family a little simpler this fall.
Dr. Marcoux ND’s Hearty Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup quinoa, soaked overnight in water and drained*
- 1-28oz can crushed tomatoes (or 28oz of fresh, finely diced tomatoes)
- 1/3 pkge (315ml) of Imagine Organic Creamy Tomato Soup** OR 1 can tomato soup of your choice
- 2 ½ cups of beef broth (homemade if possible)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 4 carrots, chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt ( or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Brown ground beef on stovetop. Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks, the better it tastes. Add extra salt to taste and extra broth if you desire a thinner soup.
*If you forget to soak the quinoa the night before, just add an extra cup of broth to the soup
**I usually portion the soup into 3 servings, use one in the soup, and freeze the other 2 portions so I have soup for next time
If you need some more support to help you manage your stress, please come talk to us. Book an Appointment Now.