Looking for a breakfast that fuels you and makes you feel good?
Dr Michelle Marcoux, ND‘s recipe for Bulletproof Mocha provides a steady, sustained energy without a crash, and helps her feel focused and clear-headed all day long.
- 1 cup hot water (or coffee if you are a coffee drinker)
- 1 heaping tbsp. of Dandy Blend (coffee replacer – omit if using coffee)
- 1 tbsp. good quality cocoa powder (Bulletproof is my favourite)
- 1 tbsp. Swerve/powdered erythritol (keto friendly sweetener) OR 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. brain octane, MCT oil, or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. butter or cocoa butter (if dairy free)
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high speed until frothy and creamy. Drink immediately and enjoy!
Tip: Replacing the honey with a bit of Swerve (powdered erythritol) may work better for you – if you don’t start your day with sugar in your drink it might help you not crave sugar for the rest of the day.