This recipe originally appeared on Elana’s Pantry – one of my favorite blogs for paleo baking ideas. No need to sacrifice taste or health this holiday season.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces baking chocolate (100% cacao)
- 7 Medjool dates (1/2-2/3 cup) pits removed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp honey or sweeten to taste
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Pulse in squares of dark chocolate until the texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in dates until the texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in eggs
- Pulse in coconut oil and stevia until mixture is smooth
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Mixture will be very thick, smooth with a spatula
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes
- Cool for 2 hours, and for an added little touch, melt organic chocolate chips and pour over the top, decorate with crushed candy canes for a little BLING!!
Makes 16 brownies
Enjoy these delicious, healthy holiday brownies with this simple recipe!