Looking for a new healthy snack for the kids? Dr Michelle Marcoux shares her recipe for grain-free muffins:
Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Grain-Free Muffins
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (or roughly cubed if you have a good blender)
- 2 large, very ripe, bananas
- ¾ cup of tahini (sesame seed butter) or pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tbsp of yacon syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I use stevia sweetened ones – Lily’s or Krisda brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend zucchini, banana, seed butter, syrup, eggs, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Measure flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour blender ingredients into bowl and stir until just combined.
- Add in choc chips and combine gently.
- Distribute evenly among 12 muffin tins with liners and bake for 30-35 minutes until tops are browned and centers are firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan.
NOTE: this is a modification of a recipe from ambitiouskitchen.com.